Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Wednesday's snapshot

we fingerpainted the letter Yy today!









and we learned how to play the estimation game Hully Gully, How Many?
I put a certain number of an object in my cupped hands (we used plastic letter beads this time), I shook them so the students could hear them, and said hully gully, how many? the students estimated how many they thought I had in my cupped hands. then we counted together out loud to see how many I had and who came closest with their estimation.

here is Archie and Kielei playing Hully Gully, How Many? later in the day.


we started our 3R's unit today!

question of the day:


we read The Paper Bag Princess during large group today.


"The Princess Elizabeth is slated to marry Prince Ronald when a dragon attacks the castle and kidnaps Ronald. In resourceful and humorous fashion, Elizabeth finds the dragon, outsmarts him, and rescues Ronald --- who is less than pleased at her un-princess-like appearance."

we talked about how this story differs from most princess stories because she is the one doing the saving, not the prince. 

0 comments: