Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

we survived!

I don't know about the students but this teacher was pooped last night.
as in, "family fed, kid bathed, coffee pot set, in my pj's at 7 pm pooped." and it was still sunshining. eek.

so, Monday was our first day of school.
it was the first day of Kindergarten for my students. AND ME!
I taught P3 for eight years, K4 for two years, and now I'm teaching Kindergarten!
and. it. is. awesome.

meet our class

Rebecca



Katelyn



Miles



Jayla



Kayla



Rob



Matt



Mabry



Marissa



and me, Ms. Jaysa!


I'm not sure how often I can post but it will be at least once a week. I will post highlights of our time spent together learning, growing, and playing. I texted all parents yesterday so they would have my number. If you did not get a text with 1st day pictures from me, please let me know so I can check to see if we have the correct number for you. :)

after Morning Meeting, we put our writing skills to work in our journals.

this week we will be focusing on our routine and schedule, rules, feelings, school pride, and much more!

here is a picture of Our Classroom Promise the students created after we talked about school pride and loyalty during social studies.



we have responsible people every day and one of the jobs is the Morning Meeting director.


we talked about the importance of rules and wrote about them in our journals.


and then created our own classroom rules!

the students drew how special they are in the reflection of their "mirrors" for the bulletin board.






we are also reviewing...


we visit the library daily and Ms. Ross continues our lessons. 
the students have discussed what makes them special and the importance of rules so far this week.




that's just a snippet of what we have done these past two days. 
until next post...

p.s. ***Carol Merrill Orientation is tomorrow at 10 am :)




0 comments: