Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

today's snapshot

this morning we started out practicing our v's on our salt tray.




we played Hop Along which is a letter recognition game I made up to go along with the game board I happened to find in our resource room. I would call out a letter and the student had to put the bunny tail (pom pom) on the letter. we had fun!

we watched Trees, Trees, Trees (eBook) by Nancy Noel Williams and learned about deciduous and evergreen trees. 
and we made a chart comparing the two.

then the students Stepped Up and told me what letter they recognized on our chart and circled it.






we also read The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle.


I also found the version on YouTube!





our question of the day:
have you ever seen a tree like this?






this afternoon, we investigated items from our tree hunt at the science center



made patterns with our counting bears



and learned how to draw a ladybug :)








0 comments: