Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Jar-O'-Lanterns

Ok, so one of the cutest Halloween crafts...ever. Seriously. And this is coming from the Halloween princess of the Campus School. I LIVE for Halloween. As you can tell, I am a seasonal teacher and <3 to decorate. Big time. One of my parents found this in Southern Living but my neighbor teacher/princess found it on Pinterest also, using gesso and tissue squares. I also saw a Frankenstein on Pinterest but you painted the inside of the jar instead of the outside. Presh!
Step 1: what you need
Step 2: paint the outside of the jar orange




Step 3: paint the lid green (or black)




Step 4: after the jar is dry, paint on a face with black


Ms. Jackson's mommy (aka Brittney) wanted me to paint her jar to look like her soap dispenser.

Step 5: spray with a clear coat to protect the paint. when that's dry, drop in a battery powered pumpkin light. voila!


0 comments: