Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

in preparation for the First Day of Class

This blog is first and foremost a way for me to show off my fabulous students and their awesome work. And second, to share all the great ideas I find with other educators. :)

I decided before I went on vacay, out with the old-in with the new. 7 1/2 years of ladybugs was enough. I am now all about owls, which is dedicated to my loving grandmother, Eva Maye. If you have not visited First Grade O.W.L.s' blog yet, you should! I am getting some wonderful ideas from her. It is my sincerest intention to give credit where credit is due. Since I started looking before I decided to do this blog, I may not remember where I got an idea. So, if you see your idea please let me know and I will make sure EVERYONE knows who I borrowed the idea from. And if you haven't purchased a Cricut yet, you are really missing out! The following are pics of how I prepared for my new group of kiddos!!!

This is my teacher mailbox that sits outside on top of the cubbies. :)
We stapled folders to the backs of the cubbies outside our classrooms. These are now the students' mailboxes. :)
This poster is dedicated to the student of the month, hence "It's Owl About You." :)

This was a nice surprise when I returned from my vacation. Our director's mother painted it just for me. :D

The classroom door.  :)

A close up. :)

The students' sign-in table. :)
This is our new Word Wall Woods. We learn a new vocabulary word each week from our theme and add it to the board. This month our theme is Clothing. This week's theme is All About Me. The consonant trees and vowel owls came from First Grade O.W.Ls' blog.

Color words owls- First Grade O.W.L.s' blog


This is the new circle time/morning time bulletin board.


birthday owls










0 comments: