Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

rotating classrooms

We tried something new today! Each month, we will have one day when we rotate classrooms. Each teacher will teach their lesson to each grade level in 30 minute increments. Today I had Ms. Brooke's 3's, Ms. Kaley's K-4, Ms. Kim's K-5, then my 3's. Ms. Kim and I taught weather and Ms. Kaley and Ms. Brooke taught space. I really enjoyed my morning with all the students and look forward to next month's rotation!


Here's a glimpse at what we did:
We learned that cumulus clouds are puffy on top and flat on the bottom, stratus clouds are blanket clouds, and cirrus clouds are feather clouds made of ice crystals.

After learning the different types of clouds, I read the 3's It Looked Like Spilt Milk. Then we made our own clouds.

The K-4 class made popcorn clouds after their lesson. Above is a cumulus cloud,

a stratus cloud,

And a cirrus cloud.

K-5's made a cloud journal.






0 comments: